It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:45 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

•  Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
     Post subject: Mxit Pin
    PostTue Dec 26, 2006 1:38 pm 

Please Help! When i sms PIN too the Mxit number to retrieve my pin, i get no reply sms, giving me my pin. Please help, i really need my pin... My number is ##########. I tried 5 times which = R10 and still no pin.

Help Much appreciated.

Thanks

Post subject:
    PostTue Dec 26, 2006 2:17 pm 

Please do the following:
    1.) Run Mxit
    2.) Select the "Login" option
    3.) Enter your phone number in international dialing format (eg. if your phone number is 0831234567 and you live in South Africa, please login using the following phone number: 27831234567 )
    4.) Enter your PIN (try to remember the correct PIN)
    5.) Select "Accept"

If you still get an error message, please post it here.

If you get an error message informing you that the most likely reason why you can't login is because you entered the incorrect PIN, there could be one of two problems:
      1.) You have entered the incorrect PIN. You will have to retrieve your PIN by sending an SMS with the word PIN to 34006. Over the past few days a number of users have reported that they are experiencing problems retrieving their Mxit PIN though (users don't get a reply when sending PIN to 34006). This problem could be caused by serious network congestion (Christmas SMS traffic). If that isn't the case, the PIN retrieval system may temporarily be offline as a result of the system upgrades which are currently being done: [url=http://forum.Mxit.co.za/viewtopic.php?t=7625] :arrow: Technical Notice[/url]. You should receive your PIN via SMS when there is less network traffic or when the PIN retrieval system is back online. Then you can use that PIN to login to Mxit. Apologies for the inconvenience caused. :oops:
      2.) You have a relatively new Sony Ericsson phone which doesn't accept PIN's starting with a 0. If you do have a relatively new Sony Ericsson, please post which phone you have so that I can determine if your phone is one of the SE's affected by this problem.

PostTue Dec 26, 2006 4:11 pm 

Thanks, my phone is the k800i and w800i, on both they don't work, the pin retrieval use too work but it doesn't work, now :( guess i'll just have to wait

Thanks, anyway!

Post subject:
    PostTue Dec 26, 2006 5:15 pm 

Some K800i users have reported problems entering their PINs. You shouldn't have problems entering your PIN using your W800i though. Unfortunately you will just have to wait for your PIN to be sent to you via SMS. :?

PostWed Dec 27, 2006 8:53 am 

Hello Mxit team,
    I still do not have a reply for my pin number after having sent three sms's..Do you still have a technical problem.

Thanks,

Ris

Post subject:
    PostWed Dec 27, 2006 1:29 pm 

The problem with the PIN retrieval system was resolved this morning. Those who tried to retrieve their PIN will soon receive an SMS with their PIN. This may take some time because of the large number of SMS's which have to be processed. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

PostWed Dec 27, 2006 1:58 pm 

All PIN request SMS's will be re-processed!

:? :oops:

•  Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]