During a Blackberry OS update; he phone does require a reboot but willl atomatically do so. any manual restarts by the user will interupt the update and cause problems which i'm afraid is what happened in your situation
You will be prompted that a restart will occur but this process will be automated
You might need to reinstall your OS by doing the following:
- Make sure the latest version of Blackberry Desktop Software is downloaded and installed from http://www.blackberry.com/
- Before you do anything, back up your BlackBerry device. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and select Backup and Restore. On the next screen select Backup and perform a full backup of your device data. Note where the backup file is located for easy data re-import, Close the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and leave your device plugged in.
- Open Windows Explorer and go to the following folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\ and open the Loader.exe file. In Vista 64-bit computers, the file is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. Depending on your computer's settings, you may need to show hidden folders (under File > Options for Windows XP or Organize > Folder and Search Options in Windows Vista or 7).
- After the device configuration has been retrieved, you will be on the Device Application Selection page. You may scroll through the list to ensure all the applications you want are selected. You can also de-select any applications you don't use to save space. Click Next.
- On the next page, click on the Advanced button. Ensure that both boxes (Delete all application data and Delete all currently installed applications) are checked. Click Next.
- Proceed with the OS reinstall. Note that this process may take 10-30 minutes (usually ~10 minutes). DO NOT DISCONNECT THE DEVICE.
- Once the process is complete, re-open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Select Backup and Restore and open the Restore application. Select the file to restore (Backup-(Year-Month-Day).ipd) and click open. Follow the steps to restore your device.
- Re-enable your device connection by going to Manage Connections and turn on your Mobile Network.
- Go to http://m.Mxit.com
and attempt the download again